Sunday, August 5, 2012

'Tom's Beach'

At one point when I was a kid my cousin dated this guy named Tom. He lived in a house by the beach and I remember spending lots of time hanging out there with them. In no time at all it became 'Tom's Beach' to distinguish it from the other beaches in the area. My mom recently ran into Tom at the local farmer's market and mentioned it to him and he was quite flattered to hear he had a beach named after him!

Yesterday the kids and I went down to 'Tom's Beach' to eat some cold pizza and look for crabs. The day was so blue and amazing!

Although I am a self-proclaimed Prairie Girl, I do love me some blue ocean, blue sky and blue mountains!  And I have started the next generation on calling this particular piece of heaven "Tom's Beach.'

No comments:

Post a Comment