Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to School

When he was asked a couple of weeks ago if he was looking forward to going to school, my boy S replied, "no, school is boring."  This morning he bounced out of bed at 7:00am and the kids sat down to homemade yogurt, berry and granola parfaits.


In their new school duds and out the door by 7:38am!  Let's see how long we can keep that up!
On the drive to the school I explained to the kids how it would work at the end of the day.  I would pick up S first from his classroom and then go upstairs to get F so for her to wait for us to get up there.  
We took F up to her class first and she introduced herself to two girls that were already in the room before giving us the 'okay' to leave her.  We headed down to S's class and I tried to encourage him to join in with some kids on the carpet who were building with blocks.  He held my hand and didn't want to participate.  At this point I was envisioning sitting in the class for the next three and a half hours while he hid behind me.  His teacher told him there were a few morning activities he could do: blocks, floor puzzles, coloring or Lego.  Lego!  He made a B-Line for the Lego box and made himself at home.  Without even glancing up at me he said, "Mama, can you pick F up first instead?"  Sigh.

You're breaking your poor Mama's heart a bit my big guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment