Friday, August 17, 2012

Dexter the miniature wolf

I find it quite amusing when Dexter and I get out of the elevator at our apartment on the ground floor and walk smack dab into someone waiting to get through the doors onto the elevator.  Well...on second thought that's not technically the amusing part.  The amusing part is when the person starts screaming and trying to climb up another person in order to get out of Dexter's way.  He's a five pound Chihuahua with a hole in his scull where all the 'chihuahua meanness' apparently fell out of when he was a puppy! 

So I was enlightened upon my return to Chengdu as to what the deal is.  Alice dog-sat for us during the first part of our Canadian holiday while my husband was with us and part of her duties obviously were to walk the dog.  Seeing as she speaks Chinese she must have asked one of these screaming people what the problem is.   Wait for it...  they think he's some sort of miniature wolf from up North!  WHAT?!  The closest thing I can think of is a Fennec Fox but even that's seriously pushing it!

When was the last time you saw a wolf begging?

No comments:

Post a Comment