Monday, August 27, 2012

Something funny has occurred

I was sitting here catching up on blogs that I follow and my mind began wandering while I read and I realized that something funny has occurred.  China isn't grating on me.  Hmmm.  I wonder why this could be?  So I started thinking about what changes we have made in the two weeks we have been back that are different from the five months before we went home for the summer.  Well the only thing I can come up with is that my kids are in school and I'm all by myself.  Wait...that doesn't sound very nice does it?  I started thinking on that aspect and came to the conclusion that while they are in school and I am alone I don't have to worry about them every second of every minute when we are in the grocery store, crossing the street, in the car, who is trying to touch them, who is staring at us and pointing, who is getting panicked by all of these things etc etc...  Its quite a relief actually.  I get far less attention on my own then I do when I'm with the kids and because they really don't like the attention,  a trip out of the apartment has its own share of stress attached to it just for that reason.

It's still terrifying to have my kids going off to school in a still unfamiliar place with people we have only just met but they are enjoying it so much that I know putting them in school this year was a good decision for all of us.  I loved Home Schooling and so did the kids but we all loved it more when we were still on our farm with Animal Husbandry and Agriculture as part of our Curriculum.  Life throws curve balls sometimes and though China was not originally part of our plans I know now that it will be good for all of us in the long run. 

I love my kids to bits but to be perfectly honest, this Mama needs time to take a deep breath and just reconnect with myself sometimes.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment