Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dubai- Day 5

Today we caught the metro to the Spice Souk! I have been looking forward to this since a friend mentioned it to me a couple weeks ago. I am so glad she told me about it!

I had cardamom, cardamom oil, vanilla beans and sumac on my list. Cardamom oil for my mom who wants it for her natural soap and sumac for a friend who wants to recreate foods she had while on holiday. I wanted vanilla beans for making vanilla extract because its ridiculously expensive in China and vodka is not! Ha! And cardamom because I have a chai tea addiction that I have to feed.

The Souk was amazing!  Though I regret that we went during the day because it was far too hot for the kids to be trekking around even if most of it is in the shade.  And also too hot for me to remember to take my camera out of my purse!  I didn't take a single picture!  Whoops! 

So clockwise from the top is:  Turmeric, Indigo(also for my mom's soapmaking), Vanilla Beans, Sumac, Cardamom oil and lastly Green Cardamom.
 

I can't wait for home made Vanilla Extract!  And chai tea!  And cardamom soap from my mom!  Hint hint Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment