Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dubai- Day 4

Today we decided to go check out the Dubai Outlet Mall.  By now you're wondering if we've done anything besides check out malls.  The short answer is: no.  The reason for that is because my husband K doesn't want us doing anything fun without him so we are bored stiff while he's working all day thus driving me to shop!  Funny, because I hate spending money and therefore really not having that much luck in the shopping department!  I did find a bathing suit bottom that I liked today and both the kids got new running shoes!  Hurray!  

After the Outlet Mall, S decided to toss his cookies in the cab on the way home again but being as smart as I am, I had bags with me!  The cab driver didn't even notice.  Yup, we're that sneaky.  So we hung out in the hotel room for the afternoon until the kids drove me so crazy that I told them to get their damn shoes on so we could go catch the Metro to( you guessed it) another mall!  Before I left China for Dubai I googled 'Starbucks' and found a picture of an amazing Starbucks that I wanted to find.  So that's what we went looking for!  It was at the Ibn Battuta mall right off the Metro line.

My kids have become pros at the Metro thing as we do it all the time in China.  Its a great(and cheap) way to get around.  


Seriously the most beautiful Starbucks I've ever seen!  I had to buy a cup!
 

After our little excursion we went for a lovely dip in the pool.  Since learning to swim yesterday, S graduated to underwater somersaults and back flips today.  What will he be doing tomorrow?  High diving perhaps?  As long as it doesn't involve vomit I don't care...I'm running out of bags!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha. Oh Maya thats so funny! I love how you turn a challenging situation into a comical one. Its so great that you and the family are getting to see different cultures. xo Steph

    ReplyDelete