Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dinner Menu for Week of May 14-20

I have been meaning to post my dinner menus for a couple of weeks but just haven't gotten around to it.  And as you can see we are halfway through this week but I figured better late than never!  I have downloaded a couple of cook books to my Kindle so that I am never without dinner ideas.  I like planning a menu out on Sunday night for the following week so that I'm not scrambling to think of things for dinner.  I have a hard time finding certain ingredients here in China but that's where the fun comes in with substituting.  Anything calling for chili powder usually gets substituted with some of that delicious Garam Masala or Cumin I got from India!  Mmm yum!  Anyway I thought I would share this and hope that it gives you some ideas for your dinner menu too!

Monday: (Mondays are our 'Treat Day' so we usually have something treat-like.  This week...) Hot Dogs

Tuesday:  Wild Mushroom and Bean Burritos(vegetarian)

Wednesday:  Wonton Soup and tempura vegetables with zucchini from my garden!!


Thursday:  Cincinnati Style Chili Mac with Cornbread (vegetarian)

Friday:  Garlic Chicken with Rice

Saturday:  BBQ Chicken with Sweet Potato

Sunday:  Mango Chicken with rice

Meat is a bit of a concern here as I'm not sure what the hormone/antibiotic rules are so we do two vegetarian meals a week.  Two meals are usually 'comfort' food from home such as spaghetti and then the other three meals are Chinese inspired as the ingredients for that are easy to come by!

If there are any recipes you are interested in, let me know and I can email them to you or direct you to where I found them.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment