Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dubai- Day 3

It was my 31st birthday yesterday and I had big plans for fun things to do! My kids however did not want to do any of it. They wanted to go in the pool. Sigh. So we donned our suits, slobbered on the sunscreen and spent nearly four hours in the pool. My boy S taught himself to swim in those four hours! We also got burnt to a crisp! So much for sunscreen protection! After relaxing in the air conditioned hotel room for the rest of the afternoon, my husband K arrived back from meetings and whisked us off to my birthday dinner reservation. Halfway into our cab ride the sun exposure caught up with S and he tossed his cookies in the cab. Thank goodness the driver had a bag for just that sort of occasion! Sigh. No Indian food for me. Back to the hotel for us to tuck overcooked children into bed. I did, however get a cake from Magnolia Bakery but puking child has a tendency to put a damper on my appetite for anything. So cake will wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment