Wednesday, November 14, 2012

There's an App for that

The China Air Quality App 

That's probably all I really need to say but that would be silly and very unrantlike of me.  I know, unrantlike is hardly a word but its my blog so there.  Anyway I downloaded this app a couple weeks ago when I overheard some moms talking about it in the front office of the school while we all waited for our kids.  Its a great topic of discussion amongst us moms.  As a matter of fact, one such mom sat down beside me this afternoon and the first thing she said was, "did you see the pollution index today?"  Its a great ice breaker, you know?  My husband K on the other hand says, "would you quit looking at that thing?!" every time I bring up the number(which is usually on a daily basis.)

Today the sky was particularly disgusting and a quick look at my app told me the air quality index was 303 which is 'Hazardous.'  How delightful.  Really makes you want to go outside for some fresh air. 

I took this picture out my dining room window.  The buildings that are in the very back(I know, they're hard to see) are about a kilometer from our apartment.  Probably not even that far on second thought.  It would take me about 20 minutes to walk to them.  Gross.


I think I need to make a more concerted effort to find that Hello Kitty mask I've been on the hunt for.

No comments:

Post a Comment