Monday, September 10, 2012

Little Farm on the Rooftop

How have I not blogged about my chickens yet?!  Sheesh!  When we got back from our summer away there was a little surprise waiting for me on the rooftop.  I jokingly refer to them as my thank you for coming back to China gift from my husband ;)

A couple weeks ago we hired a guy to come put up a simple fence on the roof top to keep the hens contained so they didn't: A. Try to fly off the top of the apartment or B.  Poop all over our patio furniture.

Not too shabby for 350 rmb which included labor and materials. 
 Here are the girls!  They aren't laying yet but hopefully they will be soon.  It took them a long time to not be terrified of me when I came in the gate with their food.  I guess running for their lives is in their genes ;)
 Are you gonna feed us or what?
I wish I could have a cow or a pig too but you know... apartment living and all ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maya, it's Suzette. I must be having a senior moment because I very clearly remember posting on your blog a week or so ago about getting together & now I can't find my post. I am wondering if I got interrupted by the girls or something because I know I wrote it...anyway, let's get together! We are beginning to feel settled here & we started homeschool this week. I know I will need some time away from the kiddos soon so when do you want to meet? Not all of my contacts transferred when I switched email accts so you can email me at smebbinga@gmail.com. Talk with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzette! So glad to hear you are getting settled! I will drop you an email and we can figure out a visit! Talk to you soon!

      Delete