Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Better not do that again

Yesterday after feeling a bit down about my realization that I've turned into some wimpy dependent person I made a huge mistake!  A colossal mistake!  What did she do?  you're wondering...

I looked at pictures.

That is a sure fire way to make me homesick.  Yup, it sure did the trick I tell ya.  For some unknown reason I thought it would make me feel better so there I am scrolling through several years' worth of photos on Picasa; cows, chickens, walking from the bus stop, puppies, snow, kids in snow suits, kids with cats...If I thought I was wimpy before well I got a whole lot wimpier!

But as my husband is constantly telling me, we need to have dreams so that we keep working hard to get where we want to be.  So I'll wipe my eyes, pull up my socks, enjoy my photos but get on with life here so I can get back to life there one day.  And hopefully one of these days this cycle of homesickness/hating China/loving China will end and I can look back and say, hey that wasn't so bad!










No comments:

Post a Comment