Monday, September 3, 2012

China: Thru my Lens

I love photography, I always have.  I'm not terribly good at it.  I don't know anything about aperture or proper lighting or anything like that.  I just like taking pictures.  So with that said I was trying to think up ways to really show China to you other than gross stuff at the grocery store or dingbat drivers.  Recently I have taken most of my photos with my iphone which is great because I can edit them in Instagram but I wanted to start taking pictures with a 'real' camera again.  I dug out both my cameras last week and dusted them off.  One is a compact Canon Power Shot SX220 HS and the other one is a full size Canon Power Shot S3 IS.  Both are awesome cameras other than the full size is bulkier and doesn't fit in my purse.  My plan is to get myself a bike this week, get on it with my camera and just take pictures.  I mean, what else do you do when your kids are in school and you're in a foreign country that's just aching to be photographed, hmmm?  Certainly not laundry!

Today I stopped off at Sichuan University to take photos of the Lotus in bloom.  There are two huge ponds of them and they are just beautiful.  I took 26 photos but I couldn't decide on  just one so I will share three with you.





Can you almost smell them?  Think flowery licorice ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment