Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Juicy Tidbit of Advice

Okay so I thought my post yesterday would be my last from China for a while but I just couldn't help myself...

If you're at all familiar with Chinese medicine you will know that they find a remedy in pretty much anything.  You go into a pharmacy and you will see glass jars full of dried seahorses and caterpillars and all sorts of other things.  Personally I prefer natural remedies over Western Medicine when I can get away with it but you know, I draw the line at eating slimy gooey sea cucumbers as a health tonic...

Yesterday the kids and I were on our way back from one of the grocery stores when the kids asked our driver if he ate chicken feet.  He said, yes sometimes.  "They are wery goot," he says.  So this of course led to a round of questions... "do you eat chicken heads?  Do you eat rabbit heads?  Do you eat rabbit brains?"  etc etc.  He doesn't like chicken heads because they are gross but he likes rabbit brains!  Go figure!

Anyway...after K got home from work last night we picked up Subway for dinner and the kids brought up the conversation again.  "Do you eat pig feet?"  F asked.  He said that they are good in soup.  K asked if he were to put his feet in a bowl of soup would the driver eat it?  He thought that was "wery humor."  You may be wondering at this point where the 'Juicy Tidbit of Advice' comes in...wait for it...

The driver proceeded to tell us, "many Chinese people say eating pig feet will make you beautiful."  Really?

So, if you're feeling a bit ugly and need to be beautiful go on down to the butcher and get yourself some pig feet.  It's a surefire way to beauty according to our driver.

Okay... China...over and out for real this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment