Sunday, October 7, 2012

10 things I've learned(since the last 12 things)

I can't believe we've almost been here for nine months!  Well if you don't count the two months we were in Canada for the summer!  Since I wrote my 12 things I've learned list a while back, I have been slowly compiling a new list of things that I've learned since then.  While walking home from dropping the kids at school I realized it was high time to post it!

1.  Trees are not for oxygenation.  They are for using as leverage to puke on.  That's right, put one hand on the tree, try not to think about how much Bai Jiu you just consumed and toss your dinner on the trees roots. 

2.  One Way.  What does that mean?  When you can't find a route around why not just drive the wrong way on the highway?  That makes sense right?

3.  Chihuahuas are terrifying.  Or at least mine is anyway.  He makes people scream on a daily basis.  This makes me laugh.

4.  Anything can be made into tea.  I mean, literally anything!  Flowers, plants, buckwheat, squash...If it is green they will make tea out of it.

5.  Tissues are for wiping with, not blowing your nose.  I've gotten over the gross stuff at the grocery store but loogey hocking still does me in every time. *Full on body shiver combined with gagging*.  And the worst is when you are walking and your shoe flicks up someone else's nasty yellow snot gob onto the back of your leg.  I know from experience.

6.  Some just don't like white people.  For example, the lady on the first floor.  I don't know what I ever did to her(maybe its just my existence) but she seriously hates my guts!  And she wants her dog to hate me too!  Good luck lady.  Dogs love me.

7.  Goofy hair means you're a hairdresser.  Like really goofy hair.  We refer to them as 'Roosters.'  It's hard not to call them something.  I couldn't imagine how much money they spend in a month on hair spray to get their hair to stay like that! 

8.  Green tea tastes best in a clay cup.  It really does.  Maybe I should send a clay cup to someone so they can try it.  Hmmmm...

9.  Jiao za(dumplings) are delicious.  My mouth just watered.  I buy a pack of fresh dumplings at the store for about $1 then bring them home and steam them before frying them in a bit of sesame oil to make them crispy.  Dip them in some sweet chili sauce and yum!

10.  Turkey?  What's that?  They don't have turkeys here!  This makes me sad as most of my friends and family are gorging themselves on turkey for Thanksgiving right now!  Sacrifices right?  Oh well, on the next turkey holiday I'll be lounging on a beach in Malaysia and the big bird with all the trimmings will be the furthest thing from my mind!

Hope you enjoyed this list and you learned another thing or two about China...or you're just laughing at my expense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment