Saturday, April 21, 2012

Goodies from India!

My husband K employs personnel  from all over the world to work on the project here in China.  One such guy is from India and was kind enough to pick up some spices for me before making his trip over to China. 

Clockwise from the top is whole Cumin, whole green Cardamom pods and finally Garam Masala!  Even the kids(who don't like curry) were exclaiming about how good everything smelled!  All of this cost about $5.00 USD.  Who wants curry for dinner?  I do!  I do!

3 comments:

  1. Wow what an awesome gift Maya, I can smell them from here. Enjoy cooking with them! I love reading your blog, it is always interesting learning about a new culture!!! big hugs to you and the kids!
    love Marj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog as I was searching for information about Chengdu. My family will be living in Chengdu for 4 months during fall 2012 while my husband teaches at Sichuan University. I glanced through your posts & found them to be informative & humorous, a great insight to the adventure we having awaiting us. Thank you! Suzette Ebbinga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Suzette! If you have any questions or just want to know where you can get a decent burger in Chengdu send me an email and I'd be happy to let you know! Good luck with your trip over! Maya

      mayamunch@gmail.com

      Delete