Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Get Growing!

In all the years that I have kept a garden in Canada, never have I been able to say that I had things growing in April!  Well, China is different!  It's warmer!  That certainly helps.  The rooftop garden is quickly becoming my little patch of heaven in this concrete jungle.  Of course I can't grow near as much in the small space but I have a sneaking suspicion that I can possibly grow all year round!  Imagine that?!

On the Left:  zucchini, beans, gai lan, carrots, bok choy, watermelon
On the Right:  nasturtium, pumpkin, onions, ginger, lettuce
The flower bed
 
Zucchini seedling
Bok choy...or so I think anyway.  It's hard to get a straight answer on vegetables here.  You ask, "what is this vegetable?"  and they answer, "it is the green vegetable."  Sigh.
Strawberries from seed!  I'm pretty excited to see them up!  We'll see how they do as the season wears on!
 

What are you planning on growing in your garden this year?  Happy Growing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment