Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Did you put mushrooms in the stirfry?"

A couple weeks back I made a delicious honey garlic chicken stir fry with organic vegetables for dinner.  I like buying the organic vegetables as much as possible for obvious reasons...they're organic but also because they are conveniently preweighed and prepackaged.  At the larger chain grocery stores here in Chengdu you have to have your produce weighed and tagged at a weigh station.  Quite often this means standing in a line up with 20 other people waiting for your turn to have your produce tagged meanwhile fighting off those sneaky people who try to budge in front of you.  Didn't their kindergarten teacher teach them to line up properly?  Anyway back to the stir fry...we sat down to dinner and it was delicious!  Yummy honey garlic sauce from scratch, chicken and veg over hot rice...mmmm.  Then my husband K says, "did you put mushrooms in the stir fry?"  I look over as he's pushing a little grey slimy thing to the side of his plate.  Ew.  No, I didn't put mushrooms in the stir fry.  It was a slug.  One downside to organic I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, that is so funny...and disgusting!!! I sure hope that was the only slug in the dish ;)
    I think you should post the recipe for the honey garlic sauce btw ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't crawling around the rim of his plate! Yumm save me some!

    ReplyDelete