Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fare Thee Well, China

It occurred to me the other day, when a Facebook friend asked if I was back in China or still in Canada, that I haven't officially mentioned the fact that we are not returning to China.

It actually came as a surprise to us when we were told back in June that we basically had, "six weeks to pack up your shit and get out."  This was after months of going back and forth on the issue of whether the kids and I wanted to stay in China or return home and let K stay by himself.  Of course two weeks before we were given the heave ho, I had officially decided that I wanted to return to Chengdu after the summer break because I felt like we had made a home in the community of expats from around the world.

Needless to say six weeks wasn't enough time for us to tie up loose ends and here the kids and I sit on Quadra Island, BC, Canada while K is in Alberta dealing with work stuff and our apartment in Chengdu continues to sit with all our belongings while Dexter and that rotten cat have been farmed out to friends.  Loose.  Ends.  I would kiss the apartment goodbye with everything in it to know that the dog will be on a plane for Canada sometime soon.  Sigh.

So there you have it.  I won't say we are back in Canada for good because you know how these things go.  We could go somewhere else next week(I seriously hope not) but for now we are here on 'The Rock'  enjoying family and friends that for the last seven years we have only seen once or twice a year.

I guess this is the last post for My China Life but stay tuned...there could be a My Quadra Life...you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment